Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Working Out My Kinks



"O time, thou must untangle this, not I.
It is too hard a knot for me t'untie."

-- William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night


Kinked Slinky 1-29-14



"I don't fear death because I don't fear anything I don't understand.
When I start to think about it, I order a massage and it goes away."

-- Hedy Lamarr

dis-en-tan-gle

:   to separate (things that are twisted together or caught on one another)
:   to remove the twists or knots in (something) 

... particularly the twists and knots in my shoulders and back after an hour in the strong, soft, warm, oiled, magical hands of my massage therapist, Maria.

Somehow, she can even untie the kinks in my brain and in my guts. How she gets there through my feet is a mystery I'll never understand.

I don't ask questions. I just lay there and let the untangling happen.

In my wildest fantasies, I'd be keeping a massage-a-day blog.