Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Walk Outside

"No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path."

-- Guatama Buddha, Sayings of Buddha

Self portrait 3-16-14

"When I'm in turmoil, when I can't think, when I'm exhausted
and afraid and feeling very, very alone, I go for walks ...
I walk and I walk and sooner or later something comes to me,
something to make me feel less like jumping off a building."

-- Jim Butcher, Storm Front


The snow and ice on the sidewalks finally melted, the impassable puddles finally receded, and the Sun finally warmed the air enough for me to take my first walk of the year through my neighborhood. 

Birds were chirping and singing, little boys were bouncing basketballs in driveways, mothers were pushing bundled-up babies in strollers. 

It felt really good.