Saturday, March 1, 2014

Looking Like I Could Kick Yer Ass


"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder 
and it may be necessary from time to time 
to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."

-- Miss Piggy

Self portrait 3-1-14



When I took this self portrait of my newly surger-ized face yesterday, there was hardly any swelling yet.

I looked kind of tough. Scrappy. Like I was looking for a rumble. Like I could maybe kick ass in a street fight.

This morning, however, it's way worse. My eye is almost swollen shut, and I look like I got my ass kicked. More precisely, I look like I got my face kicked. By a mule. Also, it hurts.

At times like this, vanity and beauty go out the window. You simply have to suck it up and accept that you're going to look  like shit for a while.

Mostly I've been staying inside and hoping to avoid other people until I'm relatively healed. But I'm going to have to venture out sooner or later. So I guess I'll just put on my big kid panties and my tough guy swag (and some sunglasses), and go with it.

Because this is a disguise I can't wash off.

I'm just gonna have to roll with the punches.