Thursday, August 7, 2014

A '66 Mustang Convertible


"And then God said, 'Let there be sexy cars.'
So he made Mustangs."

-- Unknown

1966 Mustang Convertible 


"Sippin', reminiscing on days when I had a Mustang."

-- Fergie, "Glamorous"



One good thing about summer is our 1966 Ford Mustang convertible.

It's red. 

White rag top.

We call it "Grandpa," because its old.

It's only a year older than I am, but let's not go there right now.

My son Sam will use any excuse to drive Grandpa, and in the summer, it's his car of choice.

Last night he chauffeured me around to run a couple of errands.

It was a beautiful evening. We had the top down and the ballgame on the radio.

Ordinary dumb stuff like grocery shopping and buying toiletries at the drug store is a whole lot more exciting when you drive there in a vintage Mustang.

I mean, shampoo is still shampoo and lettuce is still lettuce, but you drove there in a vintage Mustang.