Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Exfoliation


"You've got to exfoliate, you know?"

-- ASAP Rocky

Exfoliated Barbie 8-26-14


"I think the biggest mistake people make is being heavy handed," says Henriksen.
"A little goes a long way -- let the exfoliating particles do their job."

-- Dana Oliver, 
"How to Exfoliate Your Face and Get Smooth Skin in 3 Minutes,"
Huffington Post





My "beauty routine" is pretty much a bar of Ivory soap.

But I do try to exfoliate a couple of times a week.

I don't waste my money on expensive, fancy-schmancy scrubs, gizmos and "systems" though.

My preferred exfoliant is a couple of headache powder packets. It's crushed aspirin with caffeine in it. But instead of ingesting it, I dampen it with a little bit of water and scrub my face with it to slough off the dead cells and stimulate blood flow to my skin.

The aspirin is anti-inflammatory and the caffeine kind of tightens everything up, for the moment anyway.

It's cheap. 

It's easy. 

It feels nice. 

It's good for my skin.

And it leaves my face as soft and smooth as a Barbie's bottom.