Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Good Home


"Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave,
and grow old wanting to get back to."

-- John Ed Pearce

Old chopper looking for a good home 6-30-14


"The ache for home lives in all of us,
the safe place where we can go as we are
and not be questioned."

-- Maya Angelou



Sometimes I feel so worn out, rusted, old, damaged, ripped, torn, useless and unattractive that I think I must be unlovable, un-wantable.

And then I come home.

I have a good home.

There are people here who love me, in spite of all my wear and tear, in spite of all my damage, in spite of all my flaws.

When I can't see any good reason why anyone would want to keep me around, the patient, tender, kind -- did I already mention patient? -- people in my home somehow do. 

It's a good thing.

Without them and their love, I don't know where I'd be.