Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fizz

"Looks like sodey pop -- watch it fizz!"

-- Foghorn Legorn, "Little Boy Boo,"
Looney Tunes (1954)

Sparkling water 6-4-14


"It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!
You stole fizzy lifting drinks!"

-- "Willy Wonka," Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory




Sometimes, when I'm really thirsty, regular flat beverages just don't do the trick.

I need something with fizz.

Fizzy bubbling drinks cut through the thirsty a lot faster, dontcha think? They're more quenching, somehow. At least I think so anyway.

My personal preference is sparkling water. 

Club soda will do in a pinch. 

Nothing fancy. No flavors or add-ins necessary. Maybe a twist of lime.

Even the sounds of the pop-top cracking open the can, or the gas releasing when I twist off the bottle cap, are refreshing.

Then there's the plop-plop glug-glug of the pour, the hiss of the fizz, the jingle-jangle of ice cubes clinking against the glass.

'Round here we encapsulate the whole bubbly, thirst-quenching experience with one word -- "fizzy" -- used as a noun. Here, I'll use it in a sentence:

"Hey Leo! Bring me a fizzy!"

Now doesn't that sound good?