Thursday, June 5, 2014

I Found My Mitten


"The three little kittens, they lost their mittens,
And they began to cry,
Oh, mother dear, we sadly fear,
That we have lost our mittens.
What! Lost your mittens, you naughty kittens!
Then you shall have no pie."

-- Eliza Lee Cabot Follen, 
"The Three Little Kittens, They Lost Their Mittens," 
New Nursery Songs For All Good Children (1843)


Self portrait 6-5-14



OK, so I'm not exactly a kitten, and I didn't exactly lose a mitten.

I lost a glove.

It was one of my cycling gloves from my favorite pair. They're the only gloves I have that fit my paws just exactly how I like them to fit.

When one of them went missing a couple of weeks ago, I was very, very sad.

Sad is bad.

I searched and searched for my little lost glove, but alas, I couldn't find it.

In the meantime, I wore other gloves -- gloves that don't fit my paws just exactly how I like them to fit.

When my wayward glove finally turned up in a drawer today, trapped inside a tangle of cycling tights and shorts and jackets, it made me very, very happy. 

Happy is good.

Also, I think now I get pie.