Monday, June 30, 2014

Homemade Energy Bars


"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."

-- Hippocrates

Homemade energy bars 6-30-14

 "Processed foods not only extend the shelf life, 
but they extend the waistline as well."

-- Karen Sessions


Homemade energy bars 6-30-14
Processed, packaged energy bars are gross.

They look gross. They taste gross.

That's why I started making my own. One of these little protein-packed babies will power you through a whole morning, or stave off the afternoon munchies.

You won't find anything gross in my bars. That's because I use nothing but delicious, real ingredients like:

Real oats.
Real pumpkin, sunflower and hemp seeds.
Real peanut butter.
Real maple syrup.
Real butter.
Real coconut.
Real dark chocolate.
Real vanilla.

I don't have to add gross preservatives, because I don't have to worry about shelf life. They get gobbled up before it's even an issue.

Know why?

Because they're real good.

(And real good for you!)