Saturday, July 26, 2014

Breakfast Anytime


"Everyone runs around trying to find a place where they still serve breakfast 
because eating breakfast, even if it's 5 o'clock in the afternoon, 
is a sign that the day has just begun and good things can still happen.
Having lunch is like throwing in the towel."

-- Jonathan Goldstein, Lenny Bruce Is Dead



Polymer clay breakfast 7-25-14


"Hope makes a good breakfast. Eat plenty of it."

-- Ian Fleming, From Russia With Love



I don't usually eat breakfast, but I love breakfast food.

It's not unusual for me to eat toast and eggs for lunch and supper on any given day.

My son Sam hates it when I cook breakfast for supper. He won't touch an egg with a ten foot pole unless it's baked into a cake -- just so long as it's not a pancake.

Well, Sam was out eating pizza with friends last night, so I seized the opportunity and cooked a full-on breakfast spread for the rest of us -- French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, little crispy potatoes, strawberries and whipped cream, and a pot of good decaf.

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and to start things off with a good one.

I agree. A good breakfast is a good thing. 

I'm just a slow starter. But I get there eventually.

Hey, better late than never.

It's all good.