Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Take-Out

"You deserve a break today."
-- McDonald's ad slogan, 1971


Self portrait 7-8-14

"Cinderella never asked for a prince.
She asked for a night off and a dress."

-- Kiera Cass




Everybody needs a day off from their job now and then.

But the family cook doesn't get days off, or even weekends off.

Meals come around with surprising regularity and hungry boys just keep getting hungry day after day after day after day.

I feel like I've been in the kitchen non-stop lately. And as much as I do enjoy cooking for my family, I'm not immune to burn-out.

So last night we ordered take-out and ate it straight from the takeout containers.

The food was overpriced, unappealing, mediocre and lukewarm. 

But I'm not complaining. 

Take-out is all part of my grand plan to make sure my hungry guys appreciate my culinary prowess and never take for granted how good they've got it.