Saturday, May 31, 2014

My Yoga Mat


"The yoga mat is a good place to turn 
when talk therapy and anti-depressants aren't enough."

-- Amy Weintraub

My yoga mat 5-31-14

"In yourself right now is all the place you've got."

-- Flannery O'Connor, Wise Blood




Good things happen when I'm on my yoga mat.

I went there yesterday. I need to go there more often.

Because somehow, when I'm snug within its two-by-six foot boundary, things always change for the better.

I am kind to myself.

I respect myself.

I am content with myself.

I find peace with myself.

I can inhale.

I can exhale.

I am open.

I am light.

I am solid.

I am grounded.

I am present.

I see within myself.

I look outside myself.

I accept myself.

I escape myself.

I am safe.

I am strong.

I am gentle.

I am wise.

I am calm.

I am still.

I am good.

"Namaste."