Saturday, November 15, 2014

Clementines


"Orange strengthens your emotional body,
encouraging a general feeling of joy, well-being and cheerfulness."

-- Tae Yun Kim, 
The First Element: Secrets to Maximizing Your Energy

Clementine sections 11-15-14

"Oh my Darling, Oh my Darling,
Oh my Darling Clementine.
You are lost and gone forever,
Dreadful sorry, Clementine."

-- "Oh My Darling Clementine,"
American folk ballad 


Clementine 11-15-14



I just adore these little fuckers.

Clementines have a taste that's like no other citrus fruit -- indescribably delicious, so I won't even attempt to describe it.

But clementines aren't just good. They're also really good for you.

With all that deliciousness bursting inside of them, it's hard to believe there's room left inside a clementine for all the nutritional benefits. But Mother Nature found a way to cram 'em all in there somehow. 

Did you know that one little clementine only has about 35 calories, but is literally bursting with vitamin C, calcium and potassium? Plus, they have a whole gram and half of fiber, and only 8 little grams of carbs.

One teensy weensy clementine is a perfect snack. But two or three is even more perfect-er. 

I put  them in Leo's lunchbox every day in a one-woman effort to boost my child's resistance against colds and other viruses that lurk in the petri-dish called school.

They're like tiny orange health bombs.

So eat up.

We go through 'em by the crate-load this time of year.

What time of year, you ask?

Why, clemen-time, of course!