Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Table For Two


"A wedding anniversary is the celebration of 
love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity.
The order varies for any given year."

-- Paul Sweeney


Doll house miniatures 12-6-14



"A long marriage is two people
trying to dance a duet and two solos
at the same time."

-- Anne Taylor Fleming

"Love one another and you will be happy.
It's as simple and as difficult as that."

-- Michael Leunig




Yesterday, Big Daddy and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary.

We went out for a nice little dinner at a nice little restaurant, enjoyed good food, good wine, and each other at a nice little table for two.

I had the sea bass. He had the scallops.

He drank white. I drank red. We raised our glasses to the last 22 years, and to the next 22.

There is no traditional gift for the 22nd anniversary, so I bought him booze and candy, and he bought me baseball tickets.

Every year on my grandparents' anniversary my Grandma would always say, "That's a long time to look at the same face!"

She was right.

Fortunately, I married someone with a very handsome face.