Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Putting My Feet Up

"He shifted his weight from foot to foot,
but it was equally uncomfortable on each."

-- Douglas Adams, 
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy


Turkey feet 12-2-14



"Putting your feet up for just ten minutes a day can help."

-- Tania Alexander, 
"Ten Steps to Healthy Legs," dailymail.co.uk



My feet hurt a lot.

I don't exactly know why, but they do.

A couple of times a day (sometimes several times), I elevate my feet and ice them to knock down the discomfort. (We have more ice and ice packs in our freezer than we do frozen food.)

Anyway, putting my feet up helps.

Some.

For a while.

But the pain always comes back.

Yesterday I went out to the shed for a shovel, and when I opened the door I got a face full of severed turkey feet tied to a hunk of two-by-four sitting on the shelf.

Gross, I know.

But it got me thinking, dreamily, of taking my feet off when they're especially bothersome. You know, if I could just detach them right above the ankles and put them up on a shelf, say, overnight, so I wouldn't have to sleep with ice packs wrapped around my feet all the time. That way, when I put my feet up, I'd really be putting them up.

Although I guess having detachable feet didn't work out so well for the turkey. Because it's dead now.

Oh well. It seemed like a good idea at the time.