Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cheering 'Til I Made Myself A Little Hoarse


"Sometimes Mommy says she has a frog in her throat.
Other times she says she's a little horse and needs the throat spray."

-- Fred Gwynne, The King Who Rained


A little horse 9-14-14

"Hoarse, booming drums of the regiment,
Little souls who thirst for fight,
These men were born to drill and die.
The unexplained glory flies above them ...

-- Stephen Crane, "Do Not Weep, Maiden, For War is Kind"



Leo's football team played a very exciting game last night.

They fought hard, played tough, and defeated a good team. The win came right down to the wire.

My brother-in-law Russ was here all the way from California to watch his nephew's game. 

We got pretty into it.

We cheered a lot, and we cheered loud.

I cheered so much and so loud, in fact, that I made myself a little hoarse.

Which is why, for today's good thing, I made myself a little horse.

Get it?

Good.