Friday, September 26, 2014

Happy Being Me


"Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness."

-- Pearl S.  Buck

Smiley face toy  9-26-14


"It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are 
or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. 
It is what you think about it."

-- Dale Carnegie


"Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky."

-- Dr. Seuss, 
Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?



My life right now is super simple, tidy, small, uncomplicated and uneventfully predictable.

It might even be a little bit boring by some people's standards.

I don't give a fiddler's fuck about some people's standards.

I haven't felt this happy, this content, in a long, long while.

Maybe it's just the anti-depressants talking. Or maybe it's the fact that I'm routinely getting good sleep on a regular basis. 

Whatever it is, it doesn't matter.

 I'm happy.

But the even more remarkable thing is that I'm happy being happy. 

My life is my life, for once in my life.

And that, my friends, is the really good life.