Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Carving Pumpkins


"Only the knife knows what goes on 
in the heart of a pumpkin."

-- Simone Schwarz-Bart


Carved pumpkin 10-28-14




I missed out on family pumpkin carving Saturday because I was getting a tattoo.

What kind of mother does that make me?

Anyway, the kids saved one of the pumpkins for me, so I carved mine last night.

This year I went a little non-traditional with my Jack-O-Lantern and instead of just cutting out triangular openings, I scraped off the skin and then carved away the flesh using my clay sculpting tools.

That sounds so violent.

I didn't map out the face first or anything. I just kind free-balled and made it up as I went along.

It was my first time trying this technique. I don't think I did too bad for a rookie. 

Anyway, this is it.