Friday, October 17, 2014

My New Stove


"Now ... cooking's a lot of fun ...
come in and I'll show you why."

-- Frigidaire electric range advertisement, 
Ladies Home Journal, 1940


Folded paper stove 10-17-14


"Don't worry dear, bring them ALL home.
Dinner for 8 is a cinch with our new Magic Chef."

-- 1950s Magic Chef gas range advertisement



I enjoy cooking, and therefore, I cook a lot.

As a result of so much use, my trusty old stove was showing some signs of wear and tear.

I wasn't concerned with the cosmetics. But the oven door wasn't closing properly anymore. And when the oven door doesn't close right, heat gets out and your baking gets fucked.

That's no good.

Also, sometimes the oven just shut itself off while I was still cooking in it.

When that happens, heat goes away and your baking gets fucked.

Again, no good.

Good cooking requires good-working equipment, and so my kick-ass husband went out and wrangled me a big shiny new professional grade gas "range."

It got installed yesterday.

It's the shit.

I plan on cooking up lots of good things.