Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Finding Money


"Money's a horrid thing to follow,
but a charming thing to meet."

-- Henry James

One dollar and sixteen cents  10-29-14


"Wealth should not be seized,
but the god-given is much better."

-- Hesiod

"Finders keepers. Losers weepers."

-- Proverb



I bought a jacket at the thrift store yesterday and found some money in one of the pockets.

It was only $1.16 -- small change, I know, but still.

There was a credit card receipt from a photo lab in the other pocket, with a woman's name on it -- the jacket's previous owner, I assume.

I felt a momentary flash of guilt, or honesty, or something unfamiliarly humanitarian and wondered if I should try to contact the woman to return her lost money.

Fuck that.

Finders keepers, bitch.

It's mine now.

Can I get a Whoop! Whoop!