Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Good Windshield Wipers

"Everything has beauty,
but not everyone sees it."

-- Confucius


Glasses with windshield wipers 10-21-14


"Dirk turned on the car wipers, which grumbled 
because they didn't have quite enough rain to wipe away,
so he turned them off again. 
Rain quickly speckled the windscreen. 
He turned on the wipers again, but they still 
refused to feel that the exercise was worthwhile, 
and scraped and squeaked in protest."

-- Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul




It's that time of year, when it rains a little almost every day, and a lot on others.

Yesterday I had to drive in it, and I was really glad to have a good set of windshield wipers.

Before long I'll be driving through snow and sleet and salt and slush and freezing rain and "wintry mix" and all of the other shit that makes seeing through my windshield really troublesome.

It may sound completely and utterly cockamamie, but I think it's good to be able to see through my windshield when I'm driving and Mother Nature is mercilessly flinging crap at me.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Time for the "One Good Thing Automotive Maintenance Minute."

Did you know you should replace your car's wiper blades every six months, or as soon as they interfere with your visibility? If they squeak, chatter, skip, smear or streak, that means they're shit and it's probably a good idea to get new ones.