Thursday, October 2, 2014

October Baseball


"First of all, it was October, a rare month for boys."

-- Ray Bradbury, 
Something Wicked This Way Comes

Pumpkin 10-2-14


"With those who don't give a damn about baseball, I can only sympathize.
I do not resent them. I am even willing to concede that many of them
are physically clean, good to their mothers and in favor of world peace.
But while the game is on, I can't think of anything to say to them."

-- Art Hill


"October had tremendous possibility."

-- Sarah Guillory, Reclaimed





Ah, October baseball!

It's the magical season of new beginnings and possibilities and big dreams and all-you-can-eat ball park drama.

If Heaven doesn't have baseball, then fuck it. I'd rather stay here.

And even though my Cleveland Indians broke my heart and didn't make it into the October playoffs, there is still plenty of baseball to get excited about this month.

And even though I can't root-root-root for my home team, I am already flirting shamelessly behind their back, forming romantic dalliances and hooking up with a different team every 9 innings.

They say that diamonds are a girl's best friend.

I agree, just as long as they're baseball diamonds.