Saturday, October 4, 2014

SO MUCH F***ing BASEBALL!


"It's okay to love something a little too much,
as long as it's real to you."

-- Gerard Way


Candy jar with baseball gumballs, candy and toys 10-4-14


Okay.

I promise.

Really.

I mean it.

Baseball won't be my "good thing" for every single day of October.

It's just that there is so much good baseball happening right now that I'm on kind of a baseball sugar rush at the moment.

And what goes in is bound to come out.

Yesterday I went on a baseball binge that started at noon with the first pitch of Tigers vs. Orioles, and didn't end until after 1 a.m. when Kansas City clinched their third extra innings game in a row with an epic 3-run blast by Eric Hosmer that gave them a 4 to 1 win over Anaheim.

Plus, there were two other games sandwiched in between.

It was like a double-stuff baseball Oreo.

And like any good sugar-loving kid around this candy-centered time of year, I'll consume more of the good stuff today, and more tomorrow, and more the day after that until the jar is empty and I give myself a monumental baseball belly-ache.

That being said, I will try to find other good things along the way.

I promise.

Really.

I mean it.

Maybe.